- Press articles
- News Releases
- External Publications
In the process of using media there are a lot of advantages by using serum-replacements as the actual content of FBS is not known.
Some advantages of using synthetic alternatives include:
- - Improved reproducibility of results from different laboratories and over time since variation due to batch change of serum is avoided.
- - Easier downstream processing of products from cultured cells.
- - Side effects of serum are avoided.
- - Bioassays are free from interferences buy serum proteins.
- - There is no danger of degradation of sensitive proteins by serum proteases.
- - They permit selective culture of differentiated and producing cell types from the heterogenous cultures.