Defined cell culture
XerumFree is a fully defined additive, avoiding the need for serum, for a wide range of cell culture practices. Since XerumFree is chemically defined it avoids lot-to-lot variations. All components in XerumFree are highly purified and identified chemical compounds.
Culturing cells in a XerumFree enriched medium represents a number of benefits as compared to conventional FBS enriched media.
- Due to its chemically defined nature there are no lot-to-lot variations. This skips the need for testing new batches of serum.
- There is no interference of unknown serum compounds in your research
- Since it doesn’t contain hormones nor cytokines it doesn’t bias your research data
- XerumFree is save in use, since it doesn’t contain animal or human derived materials
- It can be stored in the refrigerator. No need for thawing before use.